In order to show just how great an impact her every word can have on society, Palin has inspired a new, vibrant meme on Twitter, one that allows those who were lazy and complacent in high school to finally exercise the relics of their inner literary bent.
#ShakesPalin was spawned by a perfectly spontaneous tweet from Palin concerning the possibility of a mosque being constructed near Ground Zero. She initially tweeted that peaceful Muslims should "refudiate" such an idea.
Now, of course there's no such word as "refudiate." But you know exactly what she's getting at: the repudiation of a refusenik. Or of a refuse collector. She was clearly reaching for an expression of strong negative emotion.
Commenters were plainly entertained:
• "She is a comic, GOP her base, please go away."
• "Do you seriously not know why she keeps getting media attention? The woman is dumb as a post, but people watch stuff about her rabidly. It's all about the ratings and ad revenue. If she were anyone else, her idiocy would have relegated her to yesterday's news, but Sarah Palin is a hot commodity."
• "Please, please, please continue using her as your face and voice, GOP. We want the whole world to think "Republican" every time they see her face or hear her voice."
• "Sarah Palin is going to destroy the Republican Party yet. Morons shouldn't let morons drive."
My response was simplistic -- phrased using short words to improved the odds that leftists might understand the message.
I find it fascinating that the learned observers here pillory Palin for a verbal gaffe while the welfare state the Democrat Party has created is collapsing. That's according to their own "deficit commission".
• The New Deal, the Square Deal, the Fair Deal that created Social Security and the FHA are $45 trillion in the red and are due to collapse in six years
• "Great Society" and the endless Welfare Mentality has crushed the will of inner-city residents, locking them into a culture of dependency on government and inspiring record numbers of single-parent families
• Medicare, Medicaid and related entitlements are underfunded by roughly $50 trillion and will collapse under their own weight in less than eight years
• Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- the job shop for connected Democrats like Franklin Raines and Jamie Gorelick -- were protected over the last decade by Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and will now cost the taxpayer as much as $1 trillion
• A failed $1 trillion stimulus program -- guaranteed, we were told, to keep unemployment under 8% -- went primarily to union construction shops and to state public sector employees as band-aids and did more harm than good
• Adding to the massive, crushing deficits for our kids, the Obama Democrats -- ignoring the clear will of the people -- have created huge new entitlement programs in the form of "ObamaCare". This occurred despite the fact that Medicaid was designed to offer medical care to the most needy and that existing government health care programs suffer from $100 billion or more annually from fraud
* Further, the Obama Democrats are killing successful school choice/voucher programs, like the ones in DC, locking kids into the miserable, union-controlled public schools that reward tenure, not merit.
Everything this government touches has turned to crap and simply confirms the wisdom of our country's founders. They designed the Constitution to prevent federal intrusion into all of these areas. And liberal Democrats, starting with FDR, did everything they could to turn our founding document into a "living and breathing" contract.
Do you have a "living and breathing" mortgage? Do you get to change the terms of your car loan? How about other laws? Get to change those, 'cause they're living and breathing?
The modern Democrat Party is the enemy of freedom. Vote for the most conservative Republican candidates you can to prevent the collapse of this society.
It's November or never. Because the country hangs in the balance.
And that's not me saying that --- that's Obama's own deficit commission. The fuse on the time-bomb has all but burned away.
Ohhhhh, check it out -- Sarah Palin made a boo-boo!
Hat tip: Mark Levin.