Couric suggested a Muslim Cosby Show would perhaps help eradicate Islamophobia in America. Couric said, "I know that sounds crazy," she said, "but The Cosby Show did so much to change attitudes about African-Americans in this country, and I think sometimes people are afraid of things they don’t understand."
One of the problems with her idea is that so many script ideas would be off limits for devout Muslims. Biff Spackle lists the following story pitches almost certain to be rejected.
• Teenage daughter brings home a Christian boy
• Rebellious son decides he no longer wants to practice Islam
• Teenage daughter dabbles with homosexuality
• Youngest daughter steals a candy-bar from a convenience store
• Rebellious son is caught drinking vodka with friends
• Teenage daughter wears super-revealing clothing to school
• Rebellious son is caught sassing the Imam
• Teenage daughter brings home a Jewish boy
• Rebellious son is caught desecrating the Koran
• Teenage daughter brings home Charlie Sheen
Spackle asserts that ending a show with a flogging or an amputation wouldn't exactly help the ratings.
Linked by: Weasel Zippers. Thanks!