- We're winning and it's because of what folks like us are doing
- The Obama people tried to protest the Senator's office in Dallas and Tea Party folks outdrew them 3:1.
- "We've had five or six lunches with a bunch of Republican Senators standing up and looking at Rand [Paul] and Mike [Lee] and me and yelling at us at the top of their lungs...I mean really upset...and they say 'look, why did you do this, as a result of what you did, when I go home my constituents are yelling at me that I've gotta stand up on principle!"
- I'm really not making that up.
- Before you did that [threatened to filibuster gun control legislation] the politics were great, the Dems were the bad guys and the Republicans were the good guys; now we just look like a bunch of squishes.
- "Well, there's an alternative, you could just not be a bunch of squishes."
- Gun control isn't over.
- How do you get something bad passed in Washington?!?
- You do it fast and in the middle of night.
- Success begets success; if we stand up once, we'll do it again.
God Bless Constitutional Conservatives like Ted Cruz. Say a prayer for men and women like him tonight.
Hat tip: Cahnman's Musings.
Post a Comment