• The union representing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has been shut out of "negotiations"
• All negotiations are occurring behind closed doors -- in smoke-filled rooms, one would presume -- without any of the traditional legislative process that would permit the public (or most Senators, for that matter) to read and debate the bill
• In back-to-back interviews on Spanish language television, President Obama said that he is "confident that we can get it done" ("it" meaning Amnesty and open borders, one could surmise).
But let's drop back even further. Let's remember some key promises.
Do you recall all of the president's promises regarding Obamacare? How health care premiums would drop by an average of $2,500 a family? How if you liked your health care plan you could keep it? Remember all of the endless, Chavez-like speeches?
Yep, we do. Then please consider the following headlines from the last 24 hours alone:
• Federal healthcare law could boost some California premiums by 30%: Los Angeles Times
• Health insurance cost expected to skyrocket in 2014 under Obamacare: Times Free-Press
• Study: Claims costs that drive premiums will rise 32 percent in under health law: Washington Post
• CNN Reports On Rising Health Care Premiums Due To Obamacare: RCP
• Health Care Law is Creating a Nation of Part-Time Workers: Free Enterprise
• Insurance Prices Could Jump: Wall Street Journal
• Health care law changes will be drastic for many: Star Beacon
• Health care reform making many woozy: American Farm Bureau
• Insurers expect premiums to rise sharply next year for some: UT San Diego
• Sebelius: Some Insurance Costs Could Increase When Law Is Implemented: Kaiser Health News
When it comes to the Stimulus, Cash-for-Clunkers, Dodd-Frank, Obamacare and every other exercise in central planning, this president and the Democrat Party in general have a record only the 1962 Mets could love.
Obama makes Pinocchio look like George Washington.