Thursday, May 08, 2014

Please tell me this is not a real news story

Dude.

Some bald men are finding a permanent cure for their embarrassment... [and] are turning to a procedure called “micropigmentation,” which is similar to getting a tattoo.

The process uses a small three-point needle to create the look of a closely shaved head. It is becoming popular among Hollywood celebrities such as Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham and Pitbull.

It’s an ink we apply to the head to make it look like men have hair,” said Julissa Rosado of His Hair Clinic... Tattoo artists apply small dots to the scalp in a pattern that re-creates the look of lost hair.

...It usually takes two to three treatments to fill in the scalp for a natural, close-cropped look. The cost for micropigmentation ranges from $1,600 to $5,000.

...Before Barzily was a practitioner, he had the procedure, too... “I’ve gone through four hair transplants,” he said. “Over $30,000 down the drain on procedures that didn’t take. This is the only thing that worked. Before that, I lived under a hat. Now my hats decorate my walls.”

Couple of possible problems. So what happens if you hair color turns to gray? And what happens if you lose more hair?


Hat tip: @EdMorrissey

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pussification and increase of narcissistic personality disorder rolls on.
the other day I read a rant by some woman over the beard-care products (for men),which was hilarious, but echoes the sentiment that I and my daughters (who barely date) that "where have all the Clint Eastwoods, John waynes gone?"