Sunday, January 20, 2008
Avoid being charged by Canada's Human Rights Tribunal!
Some advice for Mark Steyn: here's how you can, in the future, avoid being dragged before the Canadian Human Rights Commission.
Simply do not, under any circumstances, write, verbalize or even think of the following:
* Flags, Uniforms and Soccer Balls that depict offensive crosses, stars of David and American flags.
* Buildings, Monuments and Status including the WTC, Pentagon, Buddhas, the Beslan Memorial, Kaaba-shaped bars, Movie Theaters, and the Eiffel Tower.
* Famous Christians and Christian Practices such as the Holy Trinity, Pope Benedict XVI. Pope John Paul II, Australian Prime Minister John Howard, Coptic Pope Shenouda III., Robert Spencer, Crusaders, Crosses, Christmas presents, Bibles, selling Bibles, lip-synching videos, Valentine's Day, Christians who accidently touch the Koran, Street Evangelists, the letter X, Muslim converts to Christianity, the Knights of Malta, the Bishop of Rochester, and use of the word Allah by Catholics.
* Jews and World Jewry including the existence of Israel, the Holocaust, anti-revisionism, Holocaust Day in the UK, teaching of World War II history including the Holocaust and the Annapolis Peace Talks.
* Hindus, Buddhists and other religious figures such as the Dalai Lama, Baha'i, Pagans and Zoroastrians.
* Cartoons including the Danish cartoons, videos of Danes drawing Mohammed, cartoons about Uday and Qusay's death, the "Buddy Christ" from Dogma, the Cambridge University cartoon, Pokemon, Opus and David Low's Jack Hobbs cartoon.
* Movies, TV, Theater and Radio programs involving "The Passion of the Christ", 'Il mercante di pietre, 24, Disney's Aladdin, Theo Van Gogh's Submission, Looking for Comedy in the Muslim World, Rubber duck hostage videos, the movie 300, the PBS documentary Islam vs. Islamists, Jihad the Musical, True Lies, Michael Savage or Paul Harvey.
* Food involving Burger King ice cream cones, Passover cookies. pork, alcoholic beverages, Quebec day-care lunch menus, hot-cross buns, Cola Cola, Easter Eggs, Ham Sandwiches, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches served in jail, and parking lot signs smirkingly labeled "the Porking Yard."
* Music in general, but also rap CDs with Quranic verses. an award winning Spanish song, a party honoring the late rock star Freddy Mercury, Mozart, Gospel music in a church van, and rock singers who bare their chests.
* Animals and inanimate objects resembling them including piggy banks, the Chinese "Year of the Pig", toy pigs, pig-shaped stress relievers, Piglet from Winnie the Pooh, the story of The Three Little Pigs, dogs, guide dogs, teddy bears, and lost dog posters.
* Public figures such as Walid Shoebat, Kamal Saleem, Zachariah Anani, Daniel Pipes, Ayaan Hirsi-Ali, MP Phil Woolas (UK), Virgil Goode, Jack Straw, bloggers, the US Congress, Paris Mayor Bertrand Delanoe, the Mayor of Mirfield and Robert Bennett.
* Women and depictions of women including the passport photo of a five year-old girl, women who allow themselves to be raped, Egyptian feminist Nawal al-Saadawi, femailes who hug men in public, the anatomy of female mannequins, female dolls, pin-ups on RAF jets, breast feeding, Britney and Madonna, male gynecologists, the word "women", refusing to wear the hijab, Benazir Bhutto and Nouriya Al Subeeh.
* Books, publications and various writers such as Salmon Rushdie's "Satanic Verses", books by Egyptian feminists, French and German newspapers, the Tampa Flyers, the Nobel Prize winning author Naguib Mahfouz, Harry Potter,the autobiography of Norwegian politician Carl I. Hagen "Ærlig talt", Bangladeshi feminist writer Taslima Nasreen, the National Review and Mark Steyn.
* Various types of clothing including western-style trousers, colored underwear, the Nike "flame" logo, Italian soccer t-shirts, Iraqi tennis players who wear shorts.
Just avoid mentioning any of these topics in public and you may be able to be avoid being brought up on charges before Canada's various, august Human Rights Commissions.
Update: Mark Steyn's Scandal exposes the corruption endemic to this travesty of a sham of a faux "Commission."
Texas-sized tip o' the hat to: Amboy Times