Sunday, January 27, 2008
Sunday Morning Linkfest
• C. MacLeod Fuller defines the Thirteen-Step Program of Liberals Anonymous. Remember, a liberal mind is a terrible thing to waste. LibAnon can help.
• The London Daily Telegraph reports that socialized medicine is working swimmingly well in the U.K. Except that "Doctors are calling for NHS treatment to be withheld from patients who are too old or who lead unhealthy lives."
Since "most [say] the health service cannot afford to provide free care to everyone," they're recommending that those pesky smokers, drinkers, overweight and elderly patients simply lie down and die in the streets.
• The Sunday Express reveals that an overwhelming majority of Britons fear the Militant Quakers in their midst.
• Susan Taylor Martin examines the sometimes explosive mixture of research and religion.
• Tim Blair marshals the meteorologists at Sundance. Maybe these Doctors' efforts will help those suffering from Global Warming Dementia.
• Claudia Rosett, writing in the National Review, questions the Pentagon's reliance on a man named Hesham Islam. And Andrew Bostom adds background on the controversial aide to the Deputy Defense Secretary.