Sunday, December 13, 2009

Sitemeters of the Rich and Famous (and those of the Poor and Unstable)

For those unfamiliar with the ins and outs of blogging (by the way, we call you people "non-losers"), Sitemeter is a service frequently employed to count visitors and provide other useful stats. In fact, some bloggers and sites choose to leave their Sitemeters public. In the interest of providing some transparency into site traffic for some of the blogs I link to, the table below includes the most recent daily traffic scores (daily unique visitors, averaged over the last week) as well as links to the Sitemeter display panels themselves.

94 Tax Man
119Ruby Slippers
192Wolf Howling
228Virtuous Republic
371Snapped Shot
467Exurban League
583New Zeal
1,189Double Plus Undead
1,327Parkway Rest Stop
1,394BlogProf
1,973Olbermann Watch
2,100Sister Toldjah
2,354Patriot Room
2,564Jules Crittenden
2,980American Power
3,052Radio Equalizer
3,293Stop the ACLU
4,100Ed Driscoll
4,457Moe Lane
4,615Doug Ross
4,693Flopping Aces
4,735Legal Insurrection
4,866Maggie's Farm
6,262R.S. McCain
8,443Don Surber
8,791Pat Dollard
9,634Patterico
10,175Dan Riehl
11,181Jammie Wearing Fool
22,390Jawa Report
63,205Gateway Pundit
95,935Ace of Spades
127,259Watts Up With That
216,100Michelle Malkin
428,871InstaPundit
697,347Hot Air

I have no idea whether anyone else finds this interesting, but seeing how successful the big blogs are -- my guess is substantially higher than most newspapers -- we may have to redefine the term 'mainstream media' soon.

7 comments:

SBVOR said...

I wonder how the average visit length stacks up.

Currently, my average visit length is 3 minutes, 49 seconds:

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s50sbvor

jill said...

Doug, thanks -- very interesting. I've just made mine public.

SBVOR -- that's an awesomely long average visit length.

SBVOR said...

Jill,

Thanks -- I enjoy your blog.

That was quite a climb in readership you witnessed from January through September:

http://www.sitemeter.com/?a=stats&s=s32punditnpundette&r=33

You're doing something right!

The Machiavellian said...

Well, that makes me feel wholly
inadequate! : )

jill said...

Bloggers must, like Blanche DuBois, depend on the kindness of strangers (like Doug and SBVOR -- thanks for the links!).
Machiavelli - just added you to my blogroll.

The Machiavellian said...

Thank you Jill, I will do the same!

GW said...

An interesting post, as is most everything you post on here. That said, I didn't realize I was on the list ever if only to anchor the bottom. lol. As I have long maintained, if it weren't for my parents and two in-laws, I'd be down to two or three hits a day.

At any rate, thanks for including my (very, very, very) humble blog on your list Doug.