Somehow I was left off the talking-points distribution list:
• Huffington Post: How Extremists Have Taken America Hostage
• News-Star: Sen. Mary Landrieu: Republicans in the House "holding the U.S. economy hostage"
• Los Angeles Times: Government: Trading the debt ceiling for another hostage
• The Nation: Economic Hostage-Takers Have Infiltrated the House GOP Caucus
• Tehran Times: Paul Krugman: 'Republicans have, in effect, taken America hostage'
• The Hill: Sen. John Kerry: GOP is "prepared to hold the nation's entire economy hostage"
• Bloomberg: Jonathan Alter: "Republicans want to hold the system hostage"
• Detroit News: Rep. John Dingell: GOP "is holding the U.S. economy hostage to its ideological agenda"
• NJ.com: GOP holding Congress hostage to advance [a] reverse Robin Hood economic agenda
• Politico: Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.: "No other president has been... held hostage... over [a] debt vote"
• Al Arabiya: Hostage takers in America’s Congress
• W. Hartford: Rep. John Larson: "Republicans have taken our economy hostage"
• Van Jones: Americans don’t bow down to "hostage taking tactics"
• Bill Knight: Needy held hostage by the party of the rich
• White House Press Secretary Jay Carney: [Is it] "plausible to hold the American economy hostage to a two-thirds vote...?"
• White House Press Secretary Jay Carney: "What is not okay is to do this whole debate again by holding another extension of the debt ceiling hostage..."
• White House Press Secretary Jay Carney: "...essentially hold the American economy hostage to a two-thirds vote to amend the Constitution"
Hat tip: EIB Network. Linked by: Michelle Malkin and Ed Driscoll. Thanks!