• Her online relationship with Weiner had been mocked by a person who had "harassed" her "after the Congressman followed me on Twitter a month or so ago"
• She lays the blame for the Weiner photo on this person, never explaining how Weiner's account was hacked or compromised
• She says that she was not Weiner's girlfriend, had never met him, nor had "any inappropriate exchanges between Anthony Weiner and myself" occurred
Her statement avoids all of the incriminating details, prompting several questions:
1. Had you and Weiner exchanged direct messages before on Twitter? If so, can you reveal the nature of those messages since there weren't "any inappropriate exchanges"?
2. Why did Weiner add the #Thats545InSeattleIThink hash-tag to the tweet just before
3. Were you aware that porn star Ginger Lee boasted that she has received direct messages from Weiner in the past?
4. Would you agree that there are, as Robert Stacy McCain
- Weiner, a member of Congress with a high security clearance, was the victim of a federal crime involving a breach of his online communications accounts; or
- Weiner sent a picture of his penis to a college girl.
Since you obviously believe the first alternative, would you join us in requesting that the FBI investigate this egregious hacking incident immediately?
Gennette, I thank you for your public statement. Now it's time to tell the rest of the story. We only want to get the facts straight, right? And ensure this doesn't happen to other young innocents who receive lewd photos from
Update: Weinergate: Two more coincidences.
Update II: The New York Post reports:
it appeared that Cordova and Weiner — a prolific user of social-networking sites who has run for mayor and indicated he will do so again — had some interaction on Twitter before.
Cordova began following Weiner on Twitter during the time his own tweets previously placed him in Seattle, and according to her statement, he began “following” her on the site, too.
Update III: Gennette Was Not Alone… Weiner’s Twitter Friends Include Pages of (Very) Young, Cute Female Fans