Friday, June 03, 2011

Will the last person to leave Mitt Romney's campaign headquarters please turn off the lights?

I supported Mitt Romney in 2008 because he was far, far preferable to the abysmal John McCain. But spewing this kind of pablum is simply unacceptable for any legitimate GOP candidate in 2012.

Presidential hopeful Mitt Romney broke with Republican orthodoxy on Friday by saying he believes that humans are responsible, at least to some extent, for climate change.

"I believe the world is getting warmer, and I believe that humans have contributed to that," he told a crowd of about 200 at a town hall meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

"It's important for us to reduce our emissions of pollutants and greenhouse gases that may be significant contributors."

There is no -- and I mean no -- scientific evidence of anthropogenic global warming.

Put simply, it's a scam foisted upon America by the United Nations. Don't believe me? Read the illustrated comic book version of the IPCC warming grift.

When both the far left World Rainforest Movement and the conservative American Enterprise Institute agree that "global warming" is a trillion-dollar bunko scam, I think we can safely assume that it is just that.

Mitt Romney's regurgitation of this Leftist tripe disqualifies him from office in my humble opinion. Michele Bachmann, Herman Cain, Sarah Palin and Rick Santorum are the only legitimate candidates for the GOP presidential nomination in 2012 (and if Marco Rubio, Paul Ryan, or Allen West decide to leap into the fray, they'll be welcomed with open arms).


Hat tip: Memeorandum.

8 comments:

MRPKW said...

Sorry Biff, have to disagree slightly.

Humans may have a small part in the changing climate. But certainly NOT the ALGORE catastrophic level. We really won't know until the AGW promoters stop stonewalling and yelling "THE SKY IS FALLING!!"

I haven't read the complete piece on exactly what Romney believes.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with Michael Crichton's excellent 2003 speech "Aliens cause Global Warming"

http://sitewave.net/news/s49p1521.htm

Anonymous said...

I have never understood how it is possible Consensus scientists are completely unaware of Chaos Theory.

Anonymous said...

Watch Ann Barnhardt disembowel Mitt Romney: http://tinyurl.com/3dvqrqg

Reliapundit said...

AGREED. MITT IS NOW NG. PERIOD.

Anonymous said...

That does it for me and Romney. I was concerned over his Romney Care, but, now that I know he is stupid enough to buy into this global warming scam, there is no way in the world I will vote for him. Ron Paul is looking better all the time.

Italics Mine said...

I'm familiar with Mittens having seen him in action as governor of Massachusetts.
It's my experience that his firm beliefs change as frequently as New England weather. So be alarmed, or don't be alarmed, that today he believes in global warming, or global cooling, or that there's no such thing as weather at all.

Michael L. Stone said...

Yeah, I wanted him last time.....but He is too stupid to make the grade.....Global Warming, why mention it.....shows he is prepared to say stupid things, which are fringe issues, and wins nobody....those who are true believers in that crap, will never vote for a Repub. So why did he drible it out of his mouth....Another switcheroo, too many. I do not want a Mr. Malaprop to replace the serial liar we have now.