Friday, February 25, 2011

Mission Accomplished

"Under my plan of a cap and trade system, [energy prices] would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad. Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was... [t]hey will pass that money on to consumers." --Barack Obama, 1 November 2008

Mission accomplished.

This graph depicts gas prices over the last two years.

I wouldn't worry. Perhaps the Chinese will sell us gas from our own continent.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I don't say God bless Obama, no, no, I say God damn Obama..."
This used to all be Bush's fault, where is the outrage now?

MarkJ said...

Seems to me when the 2012 presidental debates occur, the Republican candidate will crush Obama by simply repeating all of his previous statements and assertions back to him.

Jim - PRS said...

Once in a blue moon, he manages to tell the truth.

Anonymous said...

Im reminded every time I fuel up my semi this time last year i was paying about 700to 1000 a week and now its 1000 to 1300 a week

Bonesteel said...

@ Anonymous the truck driver. It is the fuel cost for trucking that is going to make cost of everything skyrocket. Especially food which uses fuel to plant pick and process before it even factors in shipping costs.