[A] so-called change of heart with members of the Obama administration is not a change at all.
Every time there has been a destabilizing force that poses a greater threat to Israel, the Obama administration has supported that force. Cases in point:
• whether people liked him or not, Qadafi had become a stabilizing force in Libya--he was ousted by radicals supported by this administration;
• when the Arab Spring fever tried to take hold in Iran to overthrow [Iran's] Ahmadinijad, this administration sat by silently while the revolution was quelled;
• Assad has been a stabilizing force in Syria--now this administration is talking about taking him out;
• now that the people of Egypt have spoken out against the abuses of power by Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood, this administration has been silent and absent in its support for the people;
• Saddam was a destabilizing force in his own right.
It is clear that the Obama administration is working diligently, either actively or by apparent inaction, to destabilize the Middle East and northern Africa while alienating Israel at the same time.
The question is, why?
I encourage commenters to offer conjecture. I have my suspicions, but then again, I'm a right-wing, Consitutional, conservative Hobbit Visigoth and all.
Hat tip: BadBlue Real-Time News.