Monday, April 16, 2012

Moving to Detroit [Papa B]

Papa B:

On a flight getting ready to depart for Detroit...

Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Jack asked.

"I've been transferred to Detroit... there's crazy people there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and probably the highest crime rate in the nation!"

Jack replied, "I've lived in Detroit all my life... It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed a bit and then stopped shaking.

After a while he turned back to Jack with a grateful comment, "Oh, thank you so much. I've been worried to death...

"...But if you live there and say it's okay, I'll take your word for it. Mind if I ask what do you do for a living?"

"Me?" said Jack. "I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."


Rimshot, please.


1 comment:

Steve Burri said...

I remember that one as Northern Ireland instead of Detroit and it was a bread truck instead of Bud. If you live in a pig sty long enough, it no longer seems to stink.