Friday, January 07, 2011

Warning: do not show this chart to progressives, lest their heads explode into thousands of tiny pieces of shrapnel and hurt others

The invaluable People's Cube:

My Favorite Progressive Talking Point in Jeopardy


I heard a very well versed progressive woman say this very thing...in a Houston book store.

"If it weren't for the Iraq War, we would have enough money for health care and other programs and there would be no deficit."

For years, we had it as a solid gold talking point. In my opinion, it was our number one talking point, but now, I'm sad and concerned--we progressives are always sad and concerned, don't you know?

Only now, I came across this very disturbing chart showing the war spending in comparison to all other spending...

What! I said. This cannot be. No! No! No! The war spending in this chart appears minuscule. What will we do if the masses get a look at this chart? Keep it to yourself, and don't e-mail this post to anyone.

My, my, my.

This certainly destroys a few progressive talking points.

Just don't mention that nearly every Democrat voted for the Iraq War and then pretended Bush lied for purely partisan purposes. Because that would really blow their minds.


1 comment:

Alz said...

That's great.
You said "Just don't mention that nearly every Democrat voted for the Iraq War and then pretended Bush lied for purely partisan purposes."

Basically, the liberals excuse for voting FOR the war was that they were "misled" - meaning that they were all too stupid to know any better.