• Egypt's secular government is about to collapse with hard-line Islamists positioning themselves to supplant President Mubarak
• Lebanon is under new management: the vicious, Iranian-backed group called Hezbollah, which is responsible for the terrorist attack that killed 241 U.S. Marines in Beirut. Their aim is written into their charter -- to destroy Israel and the United States
• Tunisia is in the throes of its own revolution with hard-line radical Islamists poised to take control of the government
• Gaza's Hamas-led government is reportedly importing a new strain of Iranian extremists; Hezbollah agents are said to be making their way into the Palestinian enclave to train soldiers for an attack on Israel
• Iran continues its work on nuclear armaments and intercontinental ballistic missile technologies, its steady progress delayed only by a clever cyber-attack
• Mexico, on our unprotected southern border, is a failed narco-terror state with roughly 30,000 of its citizens killed in the last five years alone -- and refugees streaming north on a daily basis
• Venezuela, Hugo Chavez' dictatorship, is now said to be fielding Iranian military personnel and missiles with 'scientific' collaboration revolving around warhead design and nuclear technology
• The military regime of North Korea recently torpedoed a South Korean warship and is threatening to retest its nuclear weapons
• China is on the move: building aircraft carriers, stealth fighters, locking up energy contracts all over the world, and generally preparing to occupy Taiwan and -- eventually -- regions closer to the U.S.
In the midst of these ominous, momentous events, the President took time to field questions during a Q&A session hosted on YouTube. Among the weighty concerns: what the federal government should do about healthier food for schoolkids.
Hahahahahahaha... well, the, uh, the main thing I've done is, uh, ah, I... I... have the First Lady, who is, uh, just driving this, uh, this issue in, uh, incredible way across the country, uh, I don't know if you've read recently for example that, uhm, eh, she was able to negotiate something with Wal-Mart where, for the first time, they're going to start putting labels on their products and also emphasize more healthy choices for their customers...
...When Wal-Mart ends up saying, uh, we're gonna end up buying healthier stuff then suddenly all the producers start saying, we better start producing healthier stuff, eh, and that can make it cheaper... and one of the things we're trying to do is encourage linkages between, uh, local supermarkets, local farmers, local producers, to figure out how can we get fresh produce into communities...
As an aside, I wonder who's been controlling school lunch programs in Washington for, oh, the last forty decades or so? Would that be a giant, unaccountable, unelected bureaucracy that doesn't do anything well?
Just when you thought we would never see any President worse than the disgraceful Jimmy Carter -- who oversaw the creation of the Iranian Thugocracy -- we are forced to endure a man who befriends dictators, tacitly encourages despots, supports socialists and has the cojones to confront only one country: Israel. For building apartments in its capitol of Jerusalem.
And where is legacy media? Can they put together a few of these puzzle pieces for us?
Uhm, no. They're too stupid or too ideological -- and it really doesn't matter which at this point.
Consider the world an ocean boiling over in stormy weather -- and our ship of state is rudderless.
Hat tip: Mark Levin. Linked by: Michelle Malkin. Thanks!