• Connecticut Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield requests permission from the state to raise premium rates as much at 47 percent citing ObamaCare's new dictates as prime drivers (e.g., forcing companies to cover non-dependent "children" up to age 26).
• The state's Department of Insurance approves the rate hikes, noting that Anthem's actuarial calculations are reasonable and proper.
• Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal -- who is running a truly pathetic campaign for the Senate
• Insurance Commissioner Thomas Sullivan fires back at Blumenthal stating, "[t]he rates that were filed and approved reflect the current cost to deliver care and the impact of more comprehensive benefit designs required under the federal healthcare reform law ... If the attorney general wants to complain to someone, he should complain to Congress."
• The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services then slams Sullivan, screeching that "[ObamaCare] cannot be used to justify this huge rate hike and, in fact, includes provisions to empower States to shed light on and guard against this type of excessive insurer behavior."
HHS also threateningly mentioned a $1 million grant (more taxpayer funds, mind you) made in August to the Connecticut Insurance Department (CID), implying that there wouldn't be any more
• HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius also launches an audit of Thomas Sullivan's income tax and health records through her enhanced enforcement arm, which you may also know as the IRS.
Okay. I made that last one up. But you were buyin' it, weren't you?
This government is completely out of control. ObamaCare needs to be defunded and repealed. And every Democrat in Congress needs to get a pink slip in November.
I can dream, can't I?