Talk about not having the pulse of the nation -- the lefty bloggers are in their own little echo chamber, whining over the fact that there aren't more real progressives in Congress.
• Newshoggers: Call it a purge if you want but who needs the Republican's favorite Democrat. [sic]
• Firedoglake: Don’t Let the Door Hit You in the Ass on the Way Out, Evan.
• Crooks & Liars: Evan Bayh has decided to retire and another ConservaDem bites the dust. And the media blaming the dirty f#%king hippies for Bayh leaving will begin in 5, 4, 3, 2...
• Yglesias: The noteworthy thing here is that Lane, who seems to like Bayh and not see him as a selfish, immoral grandstander basically sees Bayh as a selfish, immoral grandstander.
• Cesca: My first thought was: I wonder if the Republican who will probably win this seat will support progressive bills and vote for cloture. [sic] ...the real red state strategy ought to be about changing hearts and minds on the ground. Door to door. Convince voters that progressive policies are better.
• The Democrat Strategist: Expect Republican hyping of their chances (objectively still limited) of taking over the Senate this year to get amped up to a feral roar.
• ECHIDNE OF THE SNAKES: Yes, the Senate is hugely dysfunctional. Yes, the Republicans are acting like spoiled brats AND like the Mafia at the same time. But why does this mean that they should be allowed a better chance to get back into power? Is the inability of the Democrats to get some things done a good reason to let the wholesale destruction of this country to continue?
• Liberal Values: There will be one less Republican in the Senate Democratic caucus with Evan Bayh announcing he will not seek reelection.
• Raw Story: Bloggers: Bayh retirement will ’screw progressives’ yet again.
• Taylor Marsh: ...no one wants him as vice president or any other top job, plus he has no leadership skills, because like too many other Democrats currently in power in Washington, Bayh can’t stand on a line on principle.
It's like the crushing defeats the Democrat Party suffered in Massachusetts, New Jersey and Virginia never happened. Like the people really aren't demanding their representatives adhere to the Constitution. And that Americans really love Socialism.
These are good things. The modern leftists are so disconnected from reality they really have no idea what's going to happen to them in November.
Post a Comment