1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes. Washington Examiner: The great Obama land grab: "White House officials have been meeting quietly with environmental groups to map out government plans for acquiring untold millions of acres of both public and private land... The federal government, as the memo boasted, is the nation's 'largest land manager.' It already owns roughly one of every three acres in the United States... This is apparently not enough."
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax. National Taxpayer Union: The top 1% of taxpayers already pay 40% of all income taxes. The top 5% pay 61% of all income taxes. And the top 25% pay 87%. The bottom 50% pay 3% of all income taxes.
3. Abolition of all right of inheritance. USA Today: "Estate tax to return in 2011, and it could hurt ordinary folks."
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants [those leaving the country] and rebels. New York Post: The President's new jobs-killer: "...President Obama explicitly targeted the industry for two massive tax hikes. First, he'd ban oil and gas companies from using the 'Section 199' tax credit, a measure for domestic manufacturers enacted in 2004 to boost US employment... Second, he wants to end 'dual capacity' protection for US energy firms... Without this shield against double taxation on foreign revenues, American companies would be competing on an uneven global playing field... Yet, by the federal government's own economic model, these tax hikes would lead to huge, immediate job losses."
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly. New York Post: Democrats, Fannie Mae still issuing subprime loans, even after meltdown. And CNS News: Obama to Nationalize Student Lending with Pending Budget Bill.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State. Tom's Hardware: "Bill Allows Obama Power to Shut Down Internet." And "Advertisers on talk radio targeted by Congressional investigations." And "In an exclusive interview with Rolling Stone Magazine, President Obama made the extraordinary claim that Fox News is 'destructive to [America's] long-term growth.'."
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan. National Legal and Policy Center: "Obama Arranges Takeover of GM and Chrysler; Auto Workers Union Gets Huge Stake." And Discover: "New EPA Rules Clamp Down on Mountaintop Removal Coal Mining." And News 9 Oklahoma: "EPA to Crack Down on Farm Dust."
8. Equal liability of all to labour. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture. Wall Street Journal: "SEIU’s Stern Tops White House Visitor List." And The Blaze: "Obama’s OFA, Churches Join Democratic Socialists for Saturday March in Washington."
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of the population over the country. Heritage: "The Clean Water Restoration Act Means Troubled Waters For Property Owners": "...The Waxman-Markey global warming bill is far and away the most worrisome environmental measure currently working its way through Congress, but it is certainly not the only cause for concern... S. 787, the Clean Water Restoration Act (CWRA)... would do much more harm than good, especially for farmers, ranchers, developers, energy producers, and other property owners."
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.: New York Sun: "Obama Tells Teachers Union He Opposes Vouchers." And Big Hollywood: "[Teachers' Union] NEA: Obama’s Ministry of Propaganda."
No federal government has damaged the American free market more than this one. No federal government has stolen more employment, more freedom, more private property -- from this and future generations -- than this one. No government has created more regulations, more unconstitutional dictates, more -- dare I say it -- slavery than this one.
Now, given all of these facts: can there be any doubt what Barack Obama meant when he twice proposed, "a civilian national security force that's just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded" as our military?
The Obama-Democrat Left has mounted the first successful counter-revolution -- against the American Revolution -- in our history. Using an incessant series of attacks by a fifth column, the intent of the counter-revolution is to eradicate the effects of the American Revolution. The most magnificent society ever created hangs in the balance.
The midterm elections in November represent our last chance to salvage the American experiment.
Marshal your parents, your children, your siblings, your neighbors, your coworkers -- marshal everyone you know, because the stakes could not be higher.
• The Obama Temptation by Mark R. Levin: Corner (11/3/2008)
• Barack Obama, Fabian Socialist: Forbes (11/3/2008)
Hat tip: Mark Levin. Linked by: Michelle Malkin, Protein Wisdom, Flopping Aces and Memeorandum. Thanks!
I appreciate the enthusiasm, but as a political philosophy student who studies Marx in graduate school, Marx said very few of these things. Perhaps you could cite your sources for this "10 Point Plan."
The very first line of this article contains a link which takes you to a Wikipedia article on Marx's Communist Manifesto. You'll find the ten points listed there. Take a click on the link and see for yourself.
Are you really a graduate student in political philosophy? It's been many, many years since I read the Communist Manifesto. Of course, I did it in college. Yet even I could recall that the points were vaguely familiar.
This is really a travesty of tangential inferences. I can already see the copy-and-pasted email from my crazy uncle. Anyone lame enough to believe this please contact me, I have some timeshares to sell you.
Howie this is Anonymous from the post above you. Are you the same guy as Disappointed? A last name of Feltsnatcher, Esq. doesn't inspire confidence that you're legitimate.
Seriously? This is the stupidest thing I've read on the Internet all day... and it's been a very long day.
Is the Anonymous guy who made the previous post, Howie and Disappointed the same person? They think alike, calling Doug's article crazy, stupid, or say the points aren't from Marx, when the first link in Doug's article takes you to a Wikipedia summary of the Communist Manifesto.
If you don't agree with it, argue against it. I'm not surprised by Doug's arguments because after reading about Obama in early 2008, I came to the conclusion he was at least a socialist. But unlike most socialists, who are proud of their views, Obama is the most dishonest politician I've ever seen. Since I'm 57 that list includes LBJ, Nixon, and Clinton. I never thought I'd see a politician who was less honest and more destructive to the country than those three. God help us.
I'm going to miss this country. It was nice while it lasted.
"as a political philosophy student who studies Marx in graduate school"
As if acquiring an Inbred-Indoctrination degree from The Ivy-Towered Institution of Higher Useful Idiocy means you are educated, much less, have a brain.
Being 'diversitied' in everything BUT thought de-evolved into creating Inbred-Simpletons.
Dear Graduate Class, I hope you enjoy your heavy-duty degreed-debt because you will be paying the cost of that worthless piece of paper for the remainder of your lives slaving away as silly blue-government serfs community organizing the world's poor people.
And, at $10 an hour you will never make it out of the miserable hell your Inbred-Indoctrinated Idiocy created.
Smart ass useful idiots! You'll believe it when it happens but it will be too late.
Knobs. You site Wikipidia as your source? Wow.
To all the useful idiots that claim that these 10 points are not Marx's own or in the Communist Manifesto, please see the very last part of section II titled "PROLETARIANS AND COMMUNISTS". Damn, it looks amazingly close to the 10 points listed above.
Wikipedia also says that E=MC2.
Utter BS, obviously.
This is to Disappointed, you are one of the most ignorant people that I have ever heard. Are you serious?
You study Marx in graduate school and yet you have never read the communist manifesto?! I feel sorry for you. Unbelievable!!!!!
The following is a direct copy and paste from chapter 2 of the Communist Manifesto:
1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralisation of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralisation of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.
10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labour in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c, &c.
Post a Comment