The self-proclaimed "Queen of All Media" -- Perez Hilton -- points us to a blistering attack on Fox News by media superstar Keith Olbermann™.
Keith Olbermann has once again taken on Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, after Twitter users lashed out at him for supporting a liberal-slanted website... He responded by writing:
FYI: in reply to "highly ironic that you support Daily Kos yet think Fox News is slanted" I said: Fox News is 100% bulls**t. And it is.
@mtovet you're right: I don't have as much hate or as many lies in me as O'Reilly
@tonyperry1 I did it because his network is full of bulls**t & O'Reilly is full of bulls**t. & if you believe them you're full of bulls**t.
@DailyRushbo let's clarify this. Fox News is 100% Bulls**t. Rush Limbaugh is 100% Pigeons**t.
Wow! He is certainly not holding back, is he?!
Isn't Perez' use of punctuation intoxicating? But I digress.
"Faux News." "Liars." "Not really a news organization." "A right-wing propaganda machine."
The progressive left and its ilk -- like the man with the golden strap-on -- have a lot of descriptions for the country's dominant cable news channel. They claim that Fox fabricates news stories.
I want them to prove it. And I've got a 1-ounce Krugerrand from my Y2K bunker* (today's spot price: $1,400) waiting for Keith Olbermann or any 'progressive' who can provide me with a documented lie repeated by Fox News reporters.
There are just four simple rules:
• Typos don't qualify ("ooh, the news ticker used a 'D' after his name, not an 'R'!").
• The lie must have been reported by at least two Fox News reporters (not analysts, reporters).
• The transcripts and/or video clips must be available on a suitably trustworthy site for verification.
• The real news story, refuting the Fox News lie, must have been correctly reported at around the same time by at least one news reporter from CNN or MSNBC (with similar links and/or transcripts from their sites).
Just one lie! That's all I'm asking for. This should be the easiest $1,400 you've ever made, Keith. You've got to have a whole database of Fox lies, right? Just post your correctly documented answer in the comments section before January 15, 2011. That's two freaking weeks!
And given the devaluation of our currency by President Training Wheels, the Krugerrand could easily be worth $1,500 by then.
Ready? Get set... go!
* Since converted to a super-secret 2038 Bunker.
Update: Media Matters submits its response. This ought to be good.
Hat tip: Ame.
|Some edumucation for young progressives|
Whom Despots Fear
What really happened
To the Congress: