Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I want my robust, free health care without preconditions

Expect, oh, every doctor, nurse, hospital, insurer and pharmacist in the country to field millions of questions like these.

It was the most memorable time of my life, I...

...it was a touching moment because I never thought this day would ever happen. I won't have to work out how to put gas in my car, I won't have work out how to pay my mortgage. If I help him, he's gonna help me.

Sorry, wrong quote. These are the kind of questions to expect, multiplied by fifty or sixty million:

Questions reflecting confusion have flooded insurance companies, doctors' offices, human resources departments and business groups.

"They're saying, 'Where do we get the free Obama care, and how do I sign up for that?' " said Carrie McLean, a licensed agent for eHealthInsurance.com. The California-based company sells coverage from 185 health insurance carriers in 50 states.

McLean said the call center had been inundated by uninsured consumers who were hoping that the overhaul would translate into instant, affordable coverage....

"We tell them it's not free, that there are going to be things in place that help people who are low-income, but that ultimately most of that is not going to be taking place until 2014," McLean said...

The Obama administration is embarking on a years-long public education campaign about the overhaul, including a Web component. However, much of the guidance will depend on Department of Health and Human Services regulations that are still being developed.

Add all of those video and web production jobs to the swelling ranks of IRS employees and Labor Department snitch-handlers, and we're looking at boom times, baby!

If you're still not convinced this yet-to-be developed scheme to overhaul the entire health care system will actually work, I'd like to remind you that President Obama supports tough, direct presidential diplomacy with health insurers without preconditions.


Linked by: Michelle Malkin.

2 comments:

BUCKJOHNSON said...

This was better sourced and better written than a previous posting, but still a little cherry-picking, quoting somebody frome 'e-insurance" a company I , nor the three people I called today have heard of. That said, you posting proved a point. That there is a lot of desparate people out there w/o insurance. And desparate people have deparate thoughts.

Insurance is a funny thing. I always kept a high deductable because I felt I should pay for emergencies while non-emergencies my insurance should cover. Like education, health care became expensive because of govt intervention. I wish we could bring down the cost. Free market principles do not apply, but we have to change attitudes that the consumer have to bear some cost. I wish I was smart enough to know what to do.

MarkJ said...

My cunning plan:

If some doofus shows up at a doctor's office requesting his "free ObamaCare," the doctor should tell him, "Well, sorry, but I'm afraid you're mistaken. However, the good news is that I can give you some free government cheese."

I've got a sawbuck that says the doofus will take the cheese and go away happy.